When you work hard to prepare a home, you'll see the results when you close.
Agents in the Real Estate Market know the importance of preparing a home to show at it's highest potential. A well researched, cleaned, staged, repaired, photographed and marketed home sells exponentally faster and at a higher price than those without.
When working on your behalf to sell your home at the highest possible price, I strive to offer a first class service - I’ll help you prepare your home for sale, set the market price, market your property, negotiate the best offer and interpret legal necessities.
I will work to be worthy of your business at every stage in the selling process.
Market Analysis and Listing Presentation
Each home is different, and your home will require a unique selling strategy. Before completing a listing presentation, I’ll visit you at your home to get a better understanding of you and your property.
Keys to an Excellent Listing Presentation
Knowing a home’s history, renovations, amenities, style, and quirks are key to developing a direction for a sales strategy. Sometimes selling a property at the highest price is a challenge of staging, sometimes of creative marketing, sometimes it comes down to good market timing, taking the time to understand your house will help you represent your home in the marketplace.
After seeing your property and meeting with you, I’ll prepare a listing presentation for your property. A listing presentation is a private meeting where I walk you through my strategy for selling your home and it is a great opportunity to ask any market-related questions you may have about your home or your area.
What's Included in a Listing Presentation
All of my listing presentations include:
- A marketing update and summary of your market
- Current listings in your area
- Current listings of properties with a similar style as yours
- Recently sold listings in your area
- Information about Royal LePage Johnston and Daniel
- Information about preparing the home for sale
- A breakdown of trends in your local market and community
- A selling checklist for your home
- A marketing checklist for your home
- Infomation about staging a home
- Copies of all the legal documents that you need through the selling process.
The listing package I presented is yours to keep. My clients find their listing packages to be a great resource!
Full Service - Preparing Your Home For Sale
Once we choose to work together, my first goal is to understand everything about your motivation, timing, goals, and expectations for selling your home. We will set a listing date to come to market, and we’ll talk about strategy and ranges for pricing your home.
THE PROCESS OF PREPARING A HOME FOR SALE
It usually takes two weeks to get a house ready for sale. During these two weeks there are a number of things that I will assist you in co-ordinating: window cleaning, home inspection, decluttering, painting or paint touchups, staging consultation, photography, and the creation of floorplans and promotional brochures.
As we’re getting your home prepared, I'll be giving you regular updates on appointments and scheduling. You can count on me to be at your home whenever an member of my team or trade person is in your house and I’ll often drop by to lend a hand.
Marketing Your Home
With your home showing at its very best, my next job is to attract the largest number of high quality buyers to seriously consider your home.
Here are the proven ways I’ll market your property:
- Listing your home on MLS
- Listing yout home on Realtor.ca
- Posting your home through all Royal LePage and Johnson and Daniel outlets
- J&D Website
- Royal LePage Website
- Internal Emails to J&D Agents
- J&D Affilate Websites
- Luxury Real Estate
- Upcoming listings section in the Globe and Mail
- “Coming Soon” email to private agent mailing list
- “Coming Soon” email blast to 270 luxury agents at Johnston and Daniels
- Calling local agents to bring their clients
- J&D "For Sale" Sign on front lawn
- Open Houses with Signage–Agent and extended Public Open House hours
- Property Featured on J&D Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter Pages
- Online Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Mailchimp Email Campaigns
- Sharing your home through my professional LinkedIn
- “Just Listed” cards as required
Showings and Open Houses
Preparing and selling in the Toronto market is an intense few weeks where everything happens at the same time. Don’t worry, I’ll be guiding and managing the process for you! At all times, I’ll keep you up to date on what is happening and answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Generally we’ll have 2 Agent Open Houses within the first few days of listing. I will then host Saturday/Sunday Open Houses from 1-5 p.m., providing feedback to you after each open house.
I will discuss with you showing preferences and timing.
Closing the Deal
It is likely that you may have some questions about the legal aspects of closing your deal. Having been a former Real Estate Law Clerk, I've seen every clause – so you can be sure you will be well informed and in good hands for this important legal transaction.